Helen, CEO at Nomad Homes, recommends her favorite art galleries in Dubai: Helen has put together her list of arty places and art galleries in Dubai that she loves to frequent when she needs some culture and creative inspiration.
Whether you're an art connoisseur, or just looking for something different to do on the weekend, there is plenty going on for art lovers in Dubai. As well as a thriving community of local and regional artists, the city is teeming with art exhibitions ranging from modern to classic art and covering every topic and style imaginable.
Located in the charming old quarter of Dubai, XVA is one of the leading art galleries in the Middle East. It specializes in contemporary art from Arab countries, and exhibits regional and emerging artists from the Middle East as well as India and Africa. It's a popular haunt for anyone looking for Middle Eastern art galleries in Dubai and there is a wonderful adjoining hotel for those wanting to fully immerse in an artsy getaway.
- Location: XVA Gallery, Al Fahidi Neighbourhood, Bur Dubai, P.O. Box 37304 Dubai, UAE
- Working Hours: 7 days a week: 10:00 am – 06:00 pm.
Cuadro Fine Art Gallery
Cuadro Fine Art Gallery is an exclusive contemporary art platform in Dubai. The gallery also offers three month residencies to artists who are keen to develop and exhibit their art. It is known for showcasing many international artists, but is also keen on promoting artists from the Gulf and the Middle East. Check their ongoing and upcoming exhibitions.
- Location: Cuadro Gallery, Building 10 DIFC Gate Village, P.O. Box 506586, Dubai, UAE.
- Working Hours: Sun – Thur 10:00 am to 08:00 pm.
Fann A Porter
Located in the multi-concept space of The Workshop, Dubai alongside the antique gallery of 'Vindemia', Fann A Porter is a small contemporary art gallery that displays a diverse range of emerging international and regional artists. The gallery hosts regular exhibitions, as well as art auctions, non-profit events and more. In addition, visitors can enjoy a well-curated library, a café, and a design studio, all in one place. It's the ideal place for people in the industry to meet like-minded collectors and art enthusiasts.
- Location: The Workshop Dubai, Villa 45 – ST 23B – Off AL Wasl Road Jumeirah 2 – Dubai – U.A.E.
Working Hours: Every day 10:00 am to 08:00 pm.
- Working Hours: Every day 10:00 am to 08:00 pm.
The Third Line
Located in one of Dubai's most creative neighbourhoods, The Third Line showcases contemporary local and international Middle Eastern artists. This gallery is on a mission to get the world to take notice of the region's art. They host various exhibitions and non-profit programs to boost interest in art from the Middle East. Plus, it has an entire area dedicated to publishing and exhibiting various books, including the works of Abbas Akhavan, Farah Al Qasimi, Zineb Sedira, and more.
- Location: Unit H80, Alserkal Avenue – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Working hours: Friday closed, rest all days open from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Run by Asmaa Al Shabibi, Lawrie Shabibi is known as one of the most well-rounded contemporary art galleries in Dubai. The gallery is famous for acting as a bridge for the Middle Eastern and international art community. They regularly conduct talks in addition to taking part in international art fairs to promote and develop Middle Eastern artists.
- Location: Lawrie Shabibi, Unit 21, Alserkal Avenue, Al-Quoz 1, Dubai, UAE.
- Working hours: Saturday – Thursday 10:00 am – 06:00 pm. It is closed on Friday.
The Elmarsa Gallery provides a platform to Middle Eastern artists allowing them to showcase their talent and build their network on an international level. The gallery has established a presence in Paris, Miami, Marrakech, and Dubai, and the artists it exhibits take tackle complex subjects like the impact of Arab heritage on global issues. Some of the artists on their regular roster include the likes of Omar Bey, Emna Masmoudi, and others.
- Location: Unit 23 Alserkal Avenue, Al Quoz 1 – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Working hours: Mon:10:00 am – 7:00 pm, Sat: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.